I love this interview with pastor and author Eugene Peterson. The whole thing is a treasure regarding story and writing and translation. But the real gem is in the middle – at about minute 11:45. If you have three minutes, enjoy. It’s a laugh, but also a serious challenge to one’s heart priorities.
Looking for Something?
You May Have Missed…
Posts by Topic
- RT @BurkParsons: Saying in a corrective tone "Merry Christmas" in response to a store clerk's mandated "Happy Holidays" greeting is not a f… 41 minutes ago
- RT @RobDexPA: favourite line from #PDJames "When I heard, Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, I thought, Did he fall or was he pushed?" 5 hours ago
- @sungyak You keep using that word... 16 hours ago
- RT @JimGaffigan: Just explained to my kids that all the animatronic singing dolls in the “It’s a small world” were once poorly behaved kids… 21 hours ago
- My grandson wants to know when the rooster will be done. 22 hours ago
If you are visiting the site and are NOT logged in to Word Press, you will see ads attached to my posts. WP says, "We sometimes display discreet advertisements on your blog—this keeps free features free! The ad code tries very hard not to intrude on your design or show ads to logged-in readers, which means only a very small percentage of your page views will actually contain ads."
For $29.97/year WP will remove the ads. Until I come up with the funds to do that, or an alternative, I apologize for the ads. Please know that it is not my desire that a post on marriage directs you to 20,000 beautiful Russian girls, or whatever.