I love this interview with pastor and author Eugene Peterson. The whole thing is a treasure regarding story and writing and translation. But the real gem is in the middle – at about minute 11:45. If you have three minutes, enjoy. It’s a laugh, but also a serious challenge to one’s heart priorities.
Looking for Something?
You May Have Missed…
Posts by Topic
- @maddielfrancis You will do so well there, and you will in fact, grow to love it. 10 hours ago
- @maddielfrancis And remember: you are happy about this. 10 hours ago
- There is a Nobel prize awaiting the guy who develops a silencer for leaf blowers. 11 hours ago
- @thefrankygarcia @kml1433 You shouldn't fav things like this. I've got tons of 12 yr-old jokes. You encourage behavior unbefitting a pastor. 11 hours ago
- When offered cafe con leche in a Puerto Rican home, the answer is: "Yes." Always. 1 day ago
If you are visiting the site and are NOT logged in to Word Press, you will see ads attached to my posts. WP says, "We sometimes display discreet advertisements on your blog—this keeps free features free! The ad code tries very hard not to intrude on your design or show ads to logged-in readers, which means only a very small percentage of your page views will actually contain ads."
For $29.97/year WP will remove the ads. Until I come up with the funds to do that, or an alternative, I apologize for the ads. Please know that it is not my desire that a post on marriage directs you to 20,000 beautiful Russian girls, or whatever.