I love this interview with pastor and author Eugene Peterson. The whole thing is a treasure regarding story and writing and translation. But the real gem is in the middle – at about minute 11:45. If you have three minutes, enjoy. It’s a laugh, but also a serious challenge to one’s heart priorities.
Looking for Something?
You May Have Missed…
Posts by Topic
- I like to think of myself as the Billy Bean of grocery shoppers. 6 hours ago
- The only worse thing to having no voice is having no ears willing to hear the voice one has. 6 hours ago
- RT @BigTenNetwork: Tom Izzo's best Midnight Madness performance yet? Watch the @MSU_Basketball coach make a KISS-inspired entrance! http://… 7 hours ago
- Is an omelette a small omel? 7 hours ago
- @jeb_r Don't equate this with the imagery of home ed that many have. His point: an institutional setting can't go where the lost child is. 2 days ago
If you are visiting the site and are NOT logged in to Word Press, you will see ads attached to my posts. WP says, "We sometimes display discreet advertisements on your blog—this keeps free features free! The ad code tries very hard not to intrude on your design or show ads to logged-in readers, which means only a very small percentage of your page views will actually contain ads."
For $29.97/year WP will remove the ads. Until I come up with the funds to do that, or an alternative, I apologize for the ads. Please know that it is not my desire that a post on marriage directs you to 20,000 beautiful Russian girls, or whatever.