I’m a huge fan of the movies of Peter Hedges (About a Boy, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Pieces of April, Dan in Real Life). I’m not sure what I’ll think of his new offering. Reviewers don’t quite know what to do with it. But this interview hints at why his films are so meaningful. Families and stories about families, and ordinary people capable of extraordinary moments. Good stuff.
Looking for Something?
You May Have Missed…
Posts by Topic
- What's the verb form for 'homily'? I'm looking forward to 'homily-ing' tonight at the CPC-UPC Good Friday Service. http://t.co/euDhHjE07d 5 hours ago
- My youngest son forwarded this to me. How Frozen SHOULD have ended. So good. youtu.be/4ThvBNZdGcQ 12 hours ago
- RT @CPCOviedo: Just a reminder: tonight, Friday, April 18, at 7:00 PM, a joint Good Friday service with and at University... http://t.co/MA… 12 hours ago
- One short sleep past, we wake eternally,⁰And Death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die. - John Donne 13 hours ago
- Off to Orlando's biggest party. http://t.co/urXZVpTLDx 1 day ago
If you are visiting the site and are NOT logged in to Word Press, you will see ads attached to my posts. WP says, "We sometimes display discreet advertisements on your blog—this keeps free features free! The ad code tries very hard not to intrude on your design or show ads to logged-in readers, which means only a very small percentage of your page views will actually contain ads."
For $29.97/year WP will remove the ads. Until I come up with the funds to do that, or an alternative, I apologize for the ads. Please know that it is not my desire that a post on marriage directs you to 20,000 beautiful Russian girls, or whatever.