I’m a huge fan of the movies of Peter Hedges (About a Boy, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Pieces of April, Dan in Real Life). I’m not sure what I’ll think of his new offering. Reviewers don’t quite know what to do with it. But this interview hints at why his films are so meaningful. Families and stories about families, and ordinary people capable of extraordinary moments. Good stuff.
Looking for Something?
You May Have Missed…
Posts by Topic
- When offered cafe con leche in a Puerto Rican home, the answer is: "Yes." Always. 13 hours ago
- "Omit needless words." -E. B. White 16 hours ago
- @thefrankygarcia @kml1433 Q. What's the name of the guy with no arms and no legs hanging on a wall? A. Art 18 hours ago
- @jekrauter Its grammar day? Love to know what your doing to celebrate and what I might could do. 1 day ago
- Wondering if the @exlarson book tour plans to make any stops in or near Orlando, Florida… 1 day ago
If you are visiting the site and are NOT logged in to Word Press, you will see ads attached to my posts. WP says, "We sometimes display discreet advertisements on your blog—this keeps free features free! The ad code tries very hard not to intrude on your design or show ads to logged-in readers, which means only a very small percentage of your page views will actually contain ads."
For $29.97/year WP will remove the ads. Until I come up with the funds to do that, or an alternative, I apologize for the ads. Please know that it is not my desire that a post on marriage directs you to 20,000 beautiful Russian girls, or whatever.